Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ice

The weekend assignment was to take pictures of ice. However, the weather here is getting pretty nice so there isn't really ice outside anymore. But one of our hoses sprung a leak and has been misting out water for quite a while. The water froze in some pretty neat patterns.

I think this picture is pretty neat because of the big hole in the ice. I like how crystal-like the ice looks. 

Shutter: 1/80
Aperture:f/2.8
Focal Length: 4.3mm
ISO Speed: 400



 I couldn't tell if I liked this picture better in black and white or in color so I posted both. This picture has some repetition of diagonal lines. I like the texture of the ice.

Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 4.3mm
ISO Speed: 400



I like how clear and sharp the ice is in this picture. And I love the beautiful sunset in the background with the contrast of the trees. 

Shutter: 1/160
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 4.3mm
ISO Speed: 400



I thought this picture was interesting because of the way the ice is melting. There is almost a perfect circle exposing the grass. I like the contrast between the bright green ice and the ice.

Shutter: 1/1000
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 4.3mm
ISO Speed: 80

No comments:

Post a Comment